manner

manner

Monday, September 22, 2014

week in review

things to be glad about

we are at the beach!::staying at the same beach house we stayed in seven years ago, remembering thinking that that might be our last kidless vacation::watching jamin swim::allyson's cooking::new friend katy::september, just in general::tired kids at the end of the day::making money doing things that don't feel like work::having a six year old with a great since of humor::did I mention our weekend at the beach?::new friends in old places::walks and talks with rabbit::the last dark and stormys of the season::eric's willingness to drive everywhere we go::easing into my life without feeling like I am settling::homemade ravioli::


things I've read

I haven't been reading much this week because I've been rotting my brain with television instead. I have to do this every so often to remind myself how much I don't like it. so, thank you "orange is the new black" and "ANTM" for being the force of what's terrible in my world while at the same time captivating my attention for whole seasons at a time. sheesh.

love this post on living an exceptional life, especially after my reflections on contentment this week.

our friends at eight owls farm gave me a nice shout out this week! they are doing some pretty cool stuff in a pretty cool space with some really cool people. I dig!

our favorite jam



I heard a great little segment on npr about this song and it has been running through my head ever since. the take away here? sometimes singing "ba de ya" over and over is just the right thing to do.

moments worth remembering





words for the week

"Embrace your loved one and if they cannot embrace you back, find someone who will. Everyone deserves to love and be loved in return. Don't settle for less. Find a job you enjoy, but don't become a slave to it. You will not have 'I wish I'd worked more' on your headstone. Dance, laugh and eat with your friends. True, honest, strong friendships are an utter blessing and a choice we get to make, rather than have to share a loyalty with because there happens to be link through blood. Choose wisely then treasure them with all the love you can muster. Surround yourself with beautiful things. Life has a lot of grey and sadness - look for that rainbow and frame it. There is beauty in everything, sometimes you just have to look a little harder to see it."

No comments:

Post a Comment