manner

manner

Monday, September 15, 2014

week in review

things to be glad about

::photos from summer adventures::supper with new friends::kids that love school::cool mornings::chai tea in a new coffee shop::new adventures right here in the middle of my life I thought was so boring::FaceTime with eliza (and mom and carey)(but mostly eliza)::mini road trips to discover new bakeries::sunday school::friends that love my kids::coziness under a blanket I made myself::real competition with my kids in board games::texting over the ocean::fresh eggs every day::kale in my farm box::

things I've read

a thousand years over a hot stove: this is a cool book all about the history of women through cooking and food. it isn't a book I read straight through, but instead got absorbed in the photographs and small sections at a time. and the recipes! oh man, totally enjoyable.

me before you: good enough. reminded me of what alice forgot without ever being quite as good. readable, likable. I'll read more by the same author, but nothing life-changing.

abroad: good read. good story, told in an interesting way.

6 things the happiest families have in common: I read lots of parenting stuff, most of it repetitive fluff, but I loved the emphasis on family history here. storytelling is so important and I keep re-reading this and thinking about it more and more.



our favorite jam

most requested song in the car this week


moments worth remembering
training to run up becky mountain



bathing chickens. I still can't believe this is my life sometimes.

words for the week

“I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going. And I have trained myself to love it. Because it is only when we are suspended in mid-air with no landing in sight, that we force our wings to unravel and alas begin our flight.”
~ C. JoyBell C.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you. I SO needed this today. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3! But okay, I've got to know, why'd the chicken need a bath? (I feel like this is a joke someone has told before....?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha. I am sure there are much better punchlines to be had, but the true answer is "because she spent some time inside a neighbor dogs mouth." had to wash all the drool and mud off to make sure there were no injuries. ethel is doing just fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your words for the week!
    Was Eric super excited about the squash ?

    ReplyDelete