manner

manner

Sunday, March 9, 2014

week in review

things to be glad about:

potatoes we planted last year on cora's bday (march 21).
 eric harvested them this week and they are delish.

it's almost here! spring, that is. and please note the
rain barrel in the background.  equally as exciting.

chaco love! hooray for warm(ish)weather.

things I've read:

and the mountains echoed: I loved it. complicated, but totally involving and interesting. 

guests on earth: don't bother. I wanted so much to love this book (it is set in the neighborhood where cora was born), but it just didn't happen. poor zelda for sure, but jeez I was disappointed.

extroverts have feelings, too! and apparently some even have the occasional deep thought, believe it or not :)

our favorite jam:


cora sings this song so emphatically I can't decide whether to laugh or cry.

moments worth remembering:

hobo dinners, just because. they are convinced
the sunglasses keep smoke out of their eyes.
I wish you could see this outfit in all of its complete glory.
this gal will be FOUR in just two weeks!
these boys. be still my heart.


surveying the mudflower kingdom


words for the week:


Long enough have you dream'd contemptible dreams,
Now I wash the gum from your eyes,
You must habit yourself to the dazzle of the light and of every
    moment of your life.

Long have you timidly waded holding a plank by the shore,
Now I will you to be a bold swimmer,
To jump off in the midst of the sea, rise again, nod to me, shout,
    and laughingly dash with your hair.

~walt whitman


1 comment:

  1. dude that song gave me chills...makes me want to get the guitar and shout out to the top of my lungs! bc this is what the world deserves....
    luv u wendy and family. (manner yard looks dope) i'll be back soon

    ReplyDelete