manner

manner

Sunday, July 6, 2014

jump off rock

last week after I dropped stevie at the bus station in charlotte, I moseyed back up the mountain and had a little time to kill in hendersonville. I lived in hendersonville for awhile after college while I worked at the group home in brevard. back in those days I spent a lot of time by myself and one of my favorite places for personal reflection and sunset viewing was jump off rock in laurel park.

so with time to myself in my old stomping ground, I headed up past my old apartment building on up to jump off rock. it was just past sunset and super windy, just the way I remember so many other visits. as I watched the last of the color fade from the sky, it was easy to recall all the dreaming I had done in just this spot:


"I want to move to asheville. I want a house full of kids. I want to love someone who loves me back. I
want to live in another country, to be a foster parent, to make my parents proud of me. I want to go back to camp, find my tribe, have a job that means something. I want a dog and a garden and a porch to sit on. I want to travel and find a home and do things that matter."



I have done it all. every bit of that dreaming has come true, not always the way I thought it would, not always the way I thought it should work, but here I am with a completed checklist.

so it must be time for a brand new dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment